Monday, May 18, 2009

Portland Pudgy Part 6 - 376

We got our canopy pump and set up the canopy on the Pudgy.  Just like the rest of the vessel, it is well thought out and the fit was perfect.  We were especially glad that we can set this up and get used to how the canopy fits and practice getting in and out of the craft before we have an emergency.  I can also inspect this system myself.  At the end of a cruising rally a bunch of cruisers got together and inflated their life rafts before bringing them into servicing.  Half of them didn't inflate.  Most people have no clue what thier life raft looks like when it is inflated.  I would rather work with something that I have personally inspected and know.  
Fitting four people isn't exactly comfortable, but it is surviveable.



6 comments:

Jennifer Guikema said...

Wow...it's been too long. I enjoyed getting caught up from the blog. I'm going to keep looking around on all of these other update sites and see what i can find. Email me if you still have my email. Not sure if I should post it on here??

Jen said...

Also, whatever razor you're using out there - it is totally missing the bottom half of your face. Might want to look into that : )

Anonymous said...

I found your site from P. Pudgy's website.

I really appreciate your input on this dink andn we are considering selling our liferaft, RIB avon and big OB to buy a Pudgy w. canopy and sailing rig.

Except the price tag, my only point of doubt is to store a hard'life raft' upside down on deck/cabin top.

If we will eer get rolled, I would seriously doubt the dink/raft would still be there. What's your take on that?

BTW we are also live-aboard full time cruisers.

Best regards//magnus

svrodeorm@rocketmail.com
svnanna.wordpress.com

Travis Smith said...


Today, I went to the beachfront with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is entirely off topic but I had to tell someone! paypal login

Travis Smith said...


Very great post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to mention that I've truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing for your rss feed and I am hoping you write once more soon! facebook.com login

Melanie said...

A mortgage can get quite complex in the way that it behaves, the ones need to get the tools to investigate this complex financial vehicle. books