Sunday, October 23, 2005

Working together - Day 957


All I really want is to pull in the same direction with a team of people who trust each other. This is what I desire at work. This is what I desire at home. Nothing feels worse than a group of people working against each other. Mistrust, doubt, and selfishness run rampant. The cool sweet balm of life is working in a team that trusts you and forgives you and seeks to work with you. Love, peace, patience, gentleness, and self control reign in these situations. These times are rare. My best friends are the ones that work with me, who know and anticipate my next move. My best friends are the ones who don't seek to take me down when I mess up, but who seek to build me up.
This is why I sail: To work with a team.
When the team works, Sailing is wonderful.
When the team does not work, Sailing is painful.
A good day of sailing has nothing to do with the weather.

No comments: